Treat Mum to a fun filled family day out at Cantref - guaranteed to make mum smile.
You are here
Whatever you do, you do it together. You’re always looking for fun, laughter and something a little bit different. You want your kids to remember all this. You’re a Family.
Here’s a list of stuff we think you’d love.
1. Spot the Big Five of the wildlife-rich Elan Valley: the common lizard, the Welsh clearwing moth, the otter, the brown hare and the red kite.
2. Ride one of the world’s steepest clifftop railways at the Centre for Alternative Technology at Machynlleth.
3. Follow a mysterious hooded boatman as he sails you through King Arthur’s Labyrinth at Corris.
4. Turn the handles and watch the models spin, bob and whirl at Machinations, Britain’s only museum of moving toys.
5. Meet an animatronic shepherd called Ieuan at the Cambrian Woollen Mill in Llanwrtyd Wells.
6. Watch the pig racing, see a chinchilla being bathed and meet Blodwyn the water buffalo at Cantref Adventure Farm near Brecon.
7. Join Little Red Riding Hood on the Rock Park Fairy Tale Trail in Llandrindod Wells.
8. Catch a glimpse of Monty, Britain’s most famous osprey, at the Cors Dyfi nature reserve near Machynlleth.
9. Walk though immense limestone caverns at the Dan-yr-Ogof National Showcaves Centre for Wales – and see one of the world’s largest dinosaur parks.
10. Meet some cheeky chimps and hear the howl of the only wolves in the Brecon Beacons National Park at the Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary in Abercraf.
The new community exhibition has arrived! Bringing together on show for the first time, some of the real highlights of the local history collection, including Victorian mourning clothes, toys made by German POWs, the oldest Jury ballot box in Europe and much more. Star of the show is an Ethiopian Emperor's shield, which earned two national awards for its conservation in 2015.
The superb Brainiac Live will be here on Friday 7th April, (it is a no school day too by the way as it's a teacher training day we believe).
Bydd sioe wych Brainiac Live yma ddydd Gwener 7 Ebrill (does yna ddim ysgol y diwrnod hwnnw, chwaith gan ei fod yn ddiwrnod hyfforddi athrawon).