Is your child interested in nature? Then join us for a couple of hours, while we go wild at Lake Vyrnwy. From bug hunting to pond dipping, den building and owl pellet dissecting, we'll get closer to nature together. Please note the activity chosen will be weather dependent. Booking not essential but if you can book ahead, we'd appreciate it. www.rspb.org.uk/discoverandenjoynature/seenature/reserves/guide/l/lakevyrnwy/about.aspx
You are here
Whatever you do, you do it together. You’re always looking for fun, laughter and something a little bit different. You want your kids to remember all this. You’re a Family.
Here’s a list of stuff we think you’d love.
1. Spot the Big Five of the wildlife-rich Elan Valley: the common lizard, the Welsh clearwing moth, the otter, the brown hare and the red kite.
2. Ride one of the world’s steepest clifftop railways at the Centre for Alternative Technology at Machynlleth.
3. Follow a mysterious hooded boatman as he sails you through King Arthur’s Labyrinth at Corris.
4. Turn the handles and watch the models spin, bob and whirl at Machinations, Britain’s only museum of moving toys.
5. Meet an animatronic shepherd called Ieuan at the Cambrian Woollen Mill in Llanwrtyd Wells.
6. Watch the pig racing, see a chinchilla being bathed and meet Blodwyn the water buffalo at Cantref Adventure Farm near Brecon.
7. Join Little Red Riding Hood on the Rock Park Fairy Tale Trail in Llandrindod Wells.
8. Catch a glimpse of Monty, Britain’s most famous osprey, at the Cors Dyfi nature reserve near Machynlleth.
9. Walk though immense limestone caverns at the Dan-yr-Ogof National Showcaves Centre for Wales – and see one of the world’s largest dinosaur parks.
10. Meet some cheeky chimps and hear the howl of the only wolves in the Brecon Beacons National Park at the Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary in Abercraf.
The howies Dyfi Enduro is a 55km mass start MTB endurance ride around the Dyfi Forest, Wales. The event usually takes place on the first May Bank Holiday weekend in the town of Machynlleth. http://www.dyfievents.com/events/dyfi-enduro/
Explore the hidden secrets of Rock Park in Llandrindod Wells, visit the fairies in their fairy kingdom and make time to stop and chat with a wooden witch.
If its a fairy tale adventure your after youve come to the right place
Hafren is the Welsh Goddess of the river Severn and her Latin name is Sabrina
Like many mythical stories Sabrina's legend contains: kings, battles and a wicked stepmother.
Her story was even legendary and ancient when it was written by Geoffrey of Monmouth in his chronicle: History...