You are here
World Textile Day
World Textile Day Wales
25 March 2017 - Llanidloes
FREE admission to our exhibition of woven, printed and embroidered textiles from around the world. 10 am - 4.30 pm.
FAIR TRADE MARKET - From makers, workshops and villages around the world.
- 11 am presentation. Liz Beasley of Añañuca Chilean Textiles. Dyeing to Weave: Of Spiders, Plants and Pigments in Chile.
- 2 pm Show & Tell. Bring and discuss your own world textile with one of our world textile experts. Plus: a short talk.
- £3 per session or £5 for both, tickets at the door.
- Throughout the day: demonstration by the Braid Society.
With these specialist world textile traders:
- Textile Traders - Jim and Diane Gaffney
- The African Fabric Shop - Magie Relph and Bob Irwin
- Tukuru South American Textiles - Meri Hunneyball
- Añañuca Chilean Textiles - Liz Beasley
- Tanya Byrne Indian Textiles
- Callishibori - Jane Callender
- Nataliya Cummings - Ukrainian Textiles
Delicious refreshments provided by our hosts the Quilt Association of Wales. Disabled access. Free parking near by.
Minerva Arts Centre, Llanidloes, Wales, SY18 6BY
View/print: World Textile Day Wales leaflet [PDF]
Venue info: www.quilt.org.uk
No prices supplied