Erwood Station Craft Centre and Gallery
Erwood railway station lies about 1 kilometre (0.6 miles) from Erwood, Powys, Wales. It was closed on 31 December 1962 and the track bed removed.
Erwood Station opened in 1864 with the opening of the Mid Wales Railway, operating independently before being amalgamated with the Cambrian Railway in 1901 running between Brecon and Builth Wells. The line finally reached Moat Lane junction on the Shrewsbury Machynlleth branch. The locos that were commonly seen on the line were Ivatt class 2MT 2-6-0s, a light but powerful engine. This was due to there being a weight restriction south Llanidloes, only engines 14 Tons or under could traverse the line.
01982 560 674
10.30am – 5.00pm Daily for the Gallery.
Self service Tea room closes at 4.30.