You don’t have to search far and wide for quirky events, you just have to delve deep in Mid Wales realness. Whether you’re looking to go on a family adventure, fun adventure or a romantic trip for two, we can cater to all of your needs.
Montgomery Street Fair Taking place on the 1st Saturday of the month, the street fair in Montgomery brings together the best food, drinks and entertainment Montgomery has to offer. Why not indulge in a hog roast? This event is perfect for you, whether you’re 17 or 70 (or you’d rather not disclose😉) why not come along and have a little nosey.
2. Llandrindod Wells Carnival Join the 2017 Llandrindod Wells Carnival with processions, floats, stalls and a carnival queen - have a great day out with your family on the first weekend of July.
3. Rural Crafts and Arts Festival Everyone fancies some good music, mythical story tellings, henna art, artisan stalls, workshops and MANY more (and breathe!). Well then come on down to the Rural Crafts and Arts Festival at The Globe in Hay-on-Wye.
4. Llandrindod Cycle Fest Be put through your paces at the Llandrindod Cycle Fest and cycle for miles. With even the most experienced cyclers finding this one a top challenge. Why not take part and see what you can do?
5. Welshpool Country and Western weekend Festival Join the 30th year of the best (we’re not bias, honestly) Country and Western Festival at the lovely Powis Estate Grounds. Rain or shine, they have it covered with a HUGE marque.
6. All is a Flutter and Aglow Celebrate the wonder of Elan Valley Dark Sky Park with Sorcha Lewis, who’s going to be on hand to show you the wonderful and exciting world of the night sky animals. Pack your torch and warm gear, as this is a late evening event.
7. The Ludlow Jazz Collective Join Paul Brooks, Roy Johnson, Erika Lyons and Richard Williamson for this fab quartet. Jolly jazz is everybody’s cup of tea, so just for you, they’ve thrown in some Latin and Blues in there! This is a brilliant family event for you to do something different with the little ones, or whether you and your pals are wanting a spontaneous weekend, this is the perfect weekend to make that happen.
8. Fish & Chips Evening Train All aboard because by Cod this events a tasty treat. Leap (like salmon) onto the Evening Train at Welshpool & Llanfair Railway then devour in the scrumptious Fish & Chips whilst admiring Welsh sites for miles.
9. Big Wild Sleep Out 2017 Your checklist? Tent, tea and tremendous times! That’s all you’ll need for this years big wild sleep out in the Machynlleth’s RSPB Nature Reserve. Cosy up by the campfire and fall asleep to the sounds of beautiful nature the last weekend of July 2017.
10. The pinnacle event in the British agricultural calendar, the Royal Welsh Show, will be held on 24 - 27 July 2017 at the showground in Llanelwedd.
Along with an exciting four-days of livestock competitions, with entries travelling from far and wide to compete, the show has something to interest everyone through its wide range of activities including forestry, horticulture, crafts, countryside sports, shopping, food and drink and a 12-hour programme each day of exciting entertainment, attractions and displays.